Left 4 Dead: Hamachi LAN Setup

Half-Life 2 Discuss, Left 4 Dead: Hamachi LAN Setup at Game Discussion & Downloads forum; RIPPED OFF ANOTHER SITE Very nice method. Works (have tried) Ok, My friends and I play this way. It takes ...

Go Back   Gamerz Needs - For All Your Gaming Needs! > Games Discussion and Hacks #2 > Game Discussion & Downloads > Half-Life 2
Forgot Password? | Sign Up!

Bookmark this Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2009, 04:53 PM
Red Dragon
This user has no status.

----

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 130
Thanks (Received): 359
Likes (Given): 0
Likes (Received): 2
Left 4 Dead: Hamachi LAN Setup

RIPPED OFF ANOTHER SITE
Very nice method. Works (have tried)

Ok, My friends and I play this way. It takes about 1/2 an hour to set it up, but once you do it you can play anytime together with no more setup. It looks like a fair bit of work, but it isn't really. Just follow the instructions below:

I. First of all you need Left for Dead.

II. Then you need to setup a VPN or VLAN between ALL players.
1. All players download and install Hamachi VPN https://secure.logmein.com/products/...pn.asp?lang=en <https://secure.logmein.com/products/hamachi/vpn.asp?lang=en>
2. Co-ordinate Hamachi IP's with other players. Hamachi gives you an IP when you install it, and you need to be close in number to the other players you want to play with. (ie renew ip's with hamachi at the same time -need to do one time only. Basically what we did is called each other on skype and renewed our hamachi ip's at the same time. if you've already installed hamachi, or want to renew it again, you have to delete the content of the folder /documents and setting/user/hamachi... this will cause the hamachi application to get a new ip. pretty sure you can't play together unless your ip's are close together in numbering)
2a. One person creates a Hamachi network and password
2b. Distribute the name of the network and password to the other players and have all players join the network.

III. Play Left 4 Dead
Ok, now that you have the netork or LAN created, you all need to start Left 4 dead. Ensure you have the Hamachi IP of the person hosting the game written down (the hamachi IP is located at the top of the hamachi application - once you install hamachi you will see what i mean, it's looks like this: 5.xxx.xx.x
One person in your group needs to be the host - ie, they need to create a server:

III. A - HOST (need to do this everytime you play)
To create your own server:
1. Type ~ (ie start console - MAKE SURE TO ENABLE CONSOLE IN THE GAME OPTIONS)
2. Type IP 5.xxx.xx.x (or whatever IP Hamachi VPN has assigned you, the host - located at the top of the hamachi application)
3. Type SV_LAN 1
4. Type NET_START
5. Type MAP XXXXXX (where xxx is the name of the map you want to play - maps with "vs" in the name are where one side plays zombie and the other plays the survivors)
6. Type SV_ALLOW_LOBBY_CONNECT_ONLY 0

III. B - Players (need to do this everytime you play)
1. Enable Console in the options
2. Play "Campaign"
3. Pick "Quick Match"
4. Type ~ (ie. start console)
5. Type connect 5.xxx.xx.x(or whatever the IP of the server hosting the game is. ie if someone else is hosting you need to get his hamachi IP, not his computer's IP and connect to that. note, you can only connect and play together if at least the first 2 octets of the IP's match. The hamachi ip is located at the top of the hamachi application)

If you are having problems, most likely it is due to the hamachi VLAN or VPN. Ensure that you have IP's close together.

http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...mar149copy.jpg
http://i92.photobucket.com/albums/l3...artFTPcopy.jpg
Some people are moulded by their admirations, others by their hostilities.
Join GzN today; one of the largest gaming communities around.
Old 05-01-2010, 06:50 AM
Chick
This user has no status.

----

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Arrow

For l4d2 is this a very useful tool to host whit hamachi
watch it on youtube
and download it

(CLICK HERE)

Last edited by roydolfje; 05-01-2010 at 06:52 AM.
Old 04-11-2011, 05:58 AM
Chick
This user has no status.

----

Post Thanks / Like
Thanks (Given): 0
Thanks (Received): 0
Likes (Received): 0
Force Hamachi2 IP adress

Uninstall Hamachi, then Reinstall it.

Let your friend do it at the Precise moment you do it too..

And the IP adress he has will be very close to your own..

Sow, let you and your Friend say "Go' when aquiring the network for the first time.. when Hamachi2 still says 0.0.0.0.

Click on Connect.. and you Both have close to the same network !